Occupy Freeloaders

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Occupy Freeloaders

Postby Paul P » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am

So, the Occupy Vancouver freeloaders have told the mayor they're not leaving property of taxpayers. Fine. Arrest them all and make them get haircuts and remove jewelry from their faces so they have at least a slim chance of getting a job. If they knew what they wanted, that's one thing but this ridiculous repeating what a speaker says doesn't accomplish anything except make them look like sheep.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Re: Occupy Freeloaders

Postby hagopian » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 pm

It is against the law to erect any structure on City Land. Full stop.
Cops, though, best handle this carefully.
One more muff like the Stanley Cup debacle, and Jim Chu will be checking parking meters in Flin Flon.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Karen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:22 pm

As much as I'd like to see these useless dorks get their asses fried, we all know nothing will happen with them. They'll all be coddled and cuddled until they decide they have gotten their message out and they are on the way to changing the world and making it a better place for them and their dope smoking gang of merry pranksters. The ones I've heard and seen on radio and TV appear to have the IQ of a labratory rat. They really have no idea just what it is that they are protesting, they are just there to be part of the only group that will accept them and their fucked up sense of values.

I'm sure they are shaking in their boots after mayor Gregor's tongue lashing and threarts to renove them yesterday. They are all aware that it's been 4 1/2 months since the Stanley Cup riots and the thugs, arsonists, looters and muggers are still waiting to be arrested. I think they know they are pretty safe in this pansy ass city and will keep on interrupting the lives of tax paying, working citizens as long as
there is somebody in the media reporting on them.

Maybe the city should take a cue from 7-11 and install speakers around the tent city and start blasting out Moon River by Henry Mancini at 3AM. Follow that up with the fire department giving them a blast of ice cold water in the dead of night on a cold November morning. How about moving a few of the BC Place LED signs to the Art Gallery Plaza? Infest the place with big fat hungry rats or maybe a few Pit Bulls.

Enough is enough already. These morons aren't winning any friends or supporters doing what they are doing, so pack up your tents and go back home to mom and dad. Theyll be so glad to see you.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Is the art gallery on city or provincial land? Does this make a difference in who will do the enforcing?

When it comes removing the"protesters" (what are they protesting ? - there doesn't seem to be any agreement on that.)

Would not the first step be to declare the gathering illegal (camping on city property); set a deadline for everyone to leave, and pull the plug on the free power.

I agree with Bruce Allan's "Reality Check" today: If the "Protesters" don't leave by the deadline, move in with dumpsters and paddy-wagons at 4am and haul every one and every thing away and charge those who resist.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Just saw one of those clowns on TV, saying Gregor should come talk to them... and in his next breath he said 'there's no hierarchy here'
The followup question should have been 'well, who does he talk to then'? This nonsense is enough to get the clown mayor re-elected.
:banghead:
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

hb; Your animation at the end of your comment says it all.. as in physics this appears to be the "immovable object and the irresistible force... Me thinks that there will be confrontation wanted or not.posting.php?mode=smilies&f=82&start=350#
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:57 pm

I was flying (riding in the back) between Wichita and a Saskatchewan destination via Minneapolis today, and and had the chance to listen to a full 3 hour archived show from a financial talk show host that I listen to regularly via a shortened podcast. ... "The Dave Ramsey Show."

This is by far the best look at the "Occupy .... " movement in any media that I've seen or heard to date.

Here's a link to the achive site ... from the dropdown menu, choose Wednesday, October 19, then select the way you'd like to listen, and spend some time checking out the callers, and Dave Ramsey's debunking of their erroneous beliefs. Once started, I couldn't stop. http://www.daveramsey.com/radio/home/#archives-tab

All the best .... AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks awg, I'll give it a listen.

Jon Stewart's writers have a better understanding (seriously) of the 'real world' than these disorganized twits.
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:23 pm

If you point an infra-red camera at those tents after it gets dark, what are the chances you'll find that the majority of tents are actually empty because the "occupiers" have all gone home to their own beds for the night?

.... just like the London newspapers had discovered by using a heat-sensitive camera outside St. Paul's Cathedral on Monday night....

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... tents.html
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby CKNF » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Anotherwpgguy wrote:I was flying (riding in the back) between Wichita and a Saskatchewan destination via Minneapolis today, and and had the chance to listen to a full 3 hour archived show from a financial talk show host that I listen to regularly via a shortened podcast. ... "The Dave Ramsey Show."

This is by far the best look at the "Occupy .... " movement in any media that I've seen or heard to date.

Here's a link to the achive site ... from the dropdown menu, choose Wednesday, October 19, then select the way you'd like to listen, and spend some time checking out the callers, and Dave Ramsey's debunking of their erroneous beliefs. Once started, I couldn't stop. http://www.daveramsey.com/radio/home/#archives-tab

All the best .... AWG

Great podcast AWG...thanks for sharing.
CKNF
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Why not let them occupy Wall Street here, too!
It's in East Van.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Maybe the Canucks could hire them to occupy the goal each game night.

:canduck:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am

These freeloaders have shown their true colours now... they're anarchists.
They don't recognize any authority other than their own. (And of course when an open flame torches the camp and people die, they'll blame the city) Time for them to go!

"Occupy" ignores Fire Department directive....sort of.
VANCOUVER/CKNW AM 980
11/4/2011

Tarps are being moved around at the Occupy Vancouver location at the Vancouver Art Gallery.

The Vancouver Fire Department ordered a serious clean up as of ten am this morning.

The Fire Chief expressed concern after first responders had a tough time reaching an overdose victim on Thursday, trying to make their way through a cluster of tents.

While some tarps are being relocated, the Occupy protestors have issued a statement in which they say they do not recognize the authority of the Fire Department, Police or City Hall.

And they say any orders from any of those groups must be presented to their "General Assembly"...not communicated via the media.

Occupiers Defiant
Charmaine de Silva |
11/4/2011

Saying they don't recognize the authority of the city, fire department or police, Occupy Vancouver protestors are pledging to ignore an order from the city's fire chief to improve safety at the tent city.

However....

"They’re saying that they're not listening to the orders of the fire chief because they actually weren't presented to their general assembly, but out of their own will they're going to re-configure some of the set-up of this tent city in order to make it more safe. So once again, they're saying they're not listening to the orders of the fire department, but tarps are coming down, they're being moved and they're making re-configurations to make the tent city safer."
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:05 pm

These people are like insolent little children. "I didn't do my homework because you didn't tell me, you told the whole class"
They don't have a clue! This is what the would would be like without leadership.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Uh huh, well you can't tell me you're all that impressed with how the ol' world's getting along with leadership.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Next

Return to The Bitchin' Post