Can-Con 45 Of The Day - March 14

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - March 14

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1986 - From Toronto ... The Arrows and "Heart Of The City" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eiHvYpr8Vk

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - March 14

Postby paterson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:14 am

Did the The Arrows first hit Meet Me in the Middle have a video attached to the song? Always amazed the amount of work that went into some of these early videos like Talk Talk or Heart of the City. I remember Muchmusic/Video Hits on CBC playing the latter two songs but can't recall anything for Meet Me in the Middle on TV. Didn't see anything on Youtube either.
paterson
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - March 14

Postby Richard Skelly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

It would be interesting to know how many music videographers on both sides of the border went on to bigger things. I recall Doug Bennett balanced fronting Doug And The Slugs with creating video concepts for groups like Headpins. Future CBC tv and radio arts presenter Laurie Brown starred as “the Babe” in an early Corey Hart video. Record companies truly spread the wealth around to hire necessary on- and off-camera expertise. I doubt videos today have anywhere near the same budget before hitting YouTube or the waning number of music-network shows.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day