Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 23

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 23

Postby radiofan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1982 ... The Payola$ and "Soldier" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCxqfMu7BM

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 23

Postby paterson » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm

A great song that was played a fair bit back in '82 and receives no airplay today, not even on Remembrance Day. Others from the Payola$ that are also usually ignored by 70's-90's classic radio listed below.. Canadian Breeze format stations could play a few of these songs, and to their credit BOOM in Toronto does play some.

Where is the Love
Here's the World
Talk to Me
Romance
It Must be Love
China Boys

But we do hear Eye's of a Stranger and Never Said I Loved You all the time. Possibly because both of these songs had a little traction in the US. The Payola$ were a favourite of Much Music and all of the above were played on top 40 radio back in the day, so the audience would be familiar. I think many people would remark how they haven't heard these great songs in years...

Just one band with seven additional songs that should be played OCCASIONALLY on gold or classic radio today...oh but right, cancon is so limited, and so restrictive and such a burden.....please.... Thanks for viewing my little rant folks.
paterson
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day