What About Bob? Enjoying a Station In Its Final Days

Sean Ross is Edison Research’s Vice President of Music and Programming. A longtime industry observer, Ross works with Edison’s radio and music industry clients, offering strategic analysis and music knowledge that goes beyond the numbers.

Postby radiofan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:58 pm

By Sean Ross | November 13, 2014 9:30 AM EST

I’ve just spent the last 36 hours listening obsessively to a radio station in a way that I don’t often listen these days. They played one song after another that I haven’t heard on the radio in years.

But don’t try to listen to them. They’re gone now.

To be fair, I did try to draw your attention to the last days of Ottawa’s 93.9 Bob-FM (CKKL) a number of times. In the weekly “Radio’s Best & Worst” column that I fashion out of serial tweets, they made so many appearances that PD Ian March posted a comment on my Facebook page, “Sorry for monopolizing, folks.”

News of Bob-FM’s format change broke on Monday night, Nov. 10, after the station released its air-staff, took the Bob-FM name off the air, and announced on its homepage that a change was coming. The new format, “New Country 94,” launched Wednesday at Noon.

Read Sean's full article here: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... final-days
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Sean Ross On Radio