Chapter Six - The Curtain came down, a long time ago.

Chapter Six - The Curtain came down, a long time ago.

Postby Tom Jeffries » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Time.

I have always found the concept fascinating. How our mind will remember things, by time and feelings - ie. memories.

Memories are tricky. They compress and stretch time, at least they do for me - so some thought or image will flash in my head, and I will be with John Rode, at CKVN - but that was 43 years ago.

Then it all started to come into focus when I finally cashed my first OAS check.

My time is long, and I mean, long, gone.

That is hard and painful to accept, in a way - but life has a habit of moving on, and fast.

That means, in reality - the stuff we talk about around here, is great and all -but some of it happened over 40, sometimes over 50 years ago. So who gives a hoot?

Radio now, is NOT the medium I worked in. We didn’t have social media (*I would have killed to have had Twitter and Facebook, back in the day) - we had pieces of plastic and a telephone.

It seems almost quaint.

To that end, I have drawn the curtain on my Radio days, since I am no longer following a medium I cannot bear to listen to.

I don’t want to live in a museum, but I am pleased that RadioFan allowed me some space to blather, and so it was fun to look at CFUN, and other stations and tell you ‘what it was like’.

But that is no substitute for introducing you to the people I worked with, the live and wonderful people that filled my days with such fun and excitement.

I miss many of them terribly, and I know we will most likely not hook up again.

I am OK with that. I have my memories :-)

To all of you, my wish is that you are Healthy and Happy, and you are as blessed as I have been.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: Chapter Six - The Curtain came down, a long time ago.

Postby CubbyCam » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Well put Tom... Don't think I could have said it better. I've always tried to enjoy my life, whatever phase or job I'm doing at the time... And oh those memories... Meantime, in this phase... I'm having fun keeping just active enough. Gotta keep those performance juices flowing. ;-) Enjoyed your take on "radio history" every chapter... and always enjoy your thoughtful take on any topic here and in person. Best!
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 pm

How KIND of you, Cubs.

Drat,I wish we had worked together for a lot longer.

I cannot think of anyone more pleasant and fun to work with, and man, you were truly special on the air.

I worked with some excellent News folk, so trust me when I say this (*Don't blush Cubs), you are Hall of Fame material.

I am glad you are keeping your talented toe in the water.

Keeping active is smart - no good to sit and watch life pass by.

Time to LIVE and NO ratings to deal with.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I never worked with Cubby but I have pictures of him as a teenager. Lol :rockon:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Tom Jeffries Book Deux