Terry Reid's Goodbye

Bits and pieces of Radio History ... Features, sign ons, sign offs, format changes ... posting what we want!

Terry Reid's Goodbye

Postby radiofan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 am

Just before 10 AM this morning (January 16th) Terry Reid said goodbye to his QM-FM audience ...

Terry Reid Goodbye

More from Terry and Tara's last hour together coming up shortly in the Terry Reid-A-Thon section of the airchecks thread.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks for being there to wake me for the past whole bunch of years Terry.

You're a class guy and you'll be missed!
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby segueking2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Class, class, class. Terry is one of those fine people that never gossiped, never had a bad word about anyone, was always prepared and smiling and easy to deal with. Talented as hell. I was lucky to work with this gent.

I was really lucky to meet some great people in my mediocre career, but no one even comes close to this talented and warm and generous man.

Enjoy sleeping in Terry and I feel so sorry for the American that the LA consultant thought would be a good fit.

DUMB. Typical. Americans think we are hicks. Al Murdoch? A great fit!!There are a ton of talented well known, unemployed talent in this town. BUT NOOOOO.

This city takes a long time to warm to Morning people, and this recently unemployed gent is going to have a mighty struggle.

Consultants have destroyed our beautiful medium.
segueking2
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Terry was a mentor to me in my early days as a DJ working at various stations in the interior. We had never met face to face, but he took the time, as he was doing afternoon drive at LG at the time, to listen to airchecks I sent him on cassette and give me feedback. Years later we finally met when he was at KISS and I signed on with SRN, which worked out of 2440 Ash. Since then we've remained good friends and especially enjoyed those Cornucopia weekends in Whistler. I'd be very surprised if Terry never gets behind a mike again, but for now, wish him well in his well deserved sleeping in.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

The three-plus decade portion of my career that was in Computing was backwards. I was in Management within 18 months of graduating from UBC, spent the next decade there, and never went back. Back in that era, conventional wisdom from all the Management Gurus was that you had to be an SOB to get things done.

But Terry exemplifies what I always believed "it doesn't [have to] cost anymore to be nice".

Likewise, as a teenager getting into Radio, I found someone (Robert O. Smith) that proved you didn't have to be a selfish egotist to work on-air.

Thanks, Terry, for proving that it is all still True today.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Audio Memories