Latest Seattle PPM Numbers

Radio news from the USA

Latest Seattle PPM Numbers

Postby Mike Cleaver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm

These are up on the Northwest Broadcasters Site.

http://members.shaw.ca/nwbroadcasters/recentnews.htm

I find it interesting that no station has more than a 5.6 share.
What a fragmented market!
The figures don't hold out much hope for News/Talk/Sports stations, at least in Seattle.
It will be interesting to see the Vancouver numbers on December 10th for the Fall Rating.
I still want to know if subscribing stations are getting interim PPM numbers and if that's the possible reason for some recent "programming" decisions by some local stations.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Re: Latest Seattle PPM Numbers

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:48 am

The Seattle PPM numbers confirm what I've suspected; that a great deal of radio listeners here prefer "wallpaper" listening (just turn on, tune in to the innocuous and leave it on in a somewhat there, but ignored state).
I also suspect that I'm not a mainstream sort of consumer; with me, it's pretty much an hour or so of Bob Rivers and KZOK in the morning, almost exclusively while driving, and then dropping into NPR (KPLU and KUOW) occasionally throughout the rest of the day, with KOMO AM for traffic and news.
Wrap up the day with a crossword puzzle and KPLU evening jazz for about a half hour before nodding off and there's my profile.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News