RadioWest.ca June GTG

Re: RadioWest.ca June GTG

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks for all the kind words here & on my Facebook site. I'm still hoping that this is nothing but a bad dream. I'm staying at my son & daughter-in-law's place in Aldergrove for the forseeable furure until I figure out what happens next in this unpredictable thing that we call life.

In the meantime I hope you guys will have a pint in Linda's memory at the Pub tomorrow.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:41 pm

We are there for you - glad you are going to be close to the hearth.

Trust me - you have many friends, more than you know.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:26 pm

OMG Dan!!! I just learned about Linda! My heart goes out to you Dan...
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi Everyone, My deepesty sympathies go out to Dan and the Family at this time. I just found out about it right now on Radio West and was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! I will mention it to Ann as well Dan. Hope you try to be as positive as possible at this time. I have been following Radio West ((m not on facebook at all and won't join). and did not see anything about the Get-Together till now. My uncles birthday was in late May, he is a senior in this 80s and I was supposed to see him in May so planned on it first Sunday in June, thats tomorrow. I*m going to try to make the Radio West Get-together briefly but it might be impossible as I use transit a lot, don't like all the crazy drivers of Greater Van Lan (thats from the CFAY Days). I would really like to attend one but it might have to wait for the next time. Take care and have a great get-together tomorrow if I don't make it. 73s Eldon...... Tried calling Dan this past week but no answer, no I know why. Anyway take care Dan and Family.
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Turns out I won't be able to make it to the RWGTG tomorrow after all... Sorry to miss you all. I'll try my best to be there for the next one. Cheers!
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:32 am

Joanne's on a return flight from DC today so I'll be driving to SeaTac for the "hello-hugs-how was the conference-carry your bags to the car-drive you home-thing".
It's really only a four-ish hour drive for me to get from my door to the Marine Pub so you know I'm going to show one of these occasions soon.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 am

NS:
You'd better get up here one of these days.
You need to sit on the other side of my microphone and tell your story!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Dan...I am deeply saddened to hear this terrible news. It is in times like this when the old guys always bandied together and did whatever was necessary to make things right. Dan, you only need to call me once, and I will be there for you. I hold deep respect for you and am in shock.

There was a saying by an old friend of mine that I lost not too long ago......life's a bitch. Despite all, I remain steadfast.

My deepest condolences,

John Sykes
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks to all who attended today's RadioWest.ca GTG in Burnaby. The change in weather and other activities forced a few folks to change plans etc.

Thanks to Don Lehn for making the trek in from Chilliwack and had a chance to visit with former Rogers co-workers Kim Seale and Russ Byth.

As always, good to see regulars and semi regulars Mike Cleaver, Gord Lansdell, Steve Sanderson, Brian Walks, Larry Morton, Jim Bower and Dan Roach.

Everyone pretty much agreed that it's time for a new venue ... the food was fine, but service was below sub-par today. Normally the place is packed for
their Sunday Brunch, today it was pretty much deserted. Maybe we aren't the only ones that have noticed a change.

A few people suggested maybe we try something in the South Surrey/White Rock area (160th St & 24th Ave area) next time.

Mid September might be a good time .. the Canucks will be in training camp ...

Good to see everyone today!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Once again I wish to thank everyone for the kind words. Anyone who knew Linda is welcome to attend the service for her next Tuesday (June 14) at 1:00PM at the Personal Alternative Funeral Center at 3070-275A Street in Aldergrove. After the service a memorial gathering will be held in The Station House Pub at 3122 Station Road (aka: 276th), a block from the funeral center.

Go east on the Fraser Highway, turn left at 276th (Station Road) beyond the Safeway Mall, go north a block & turn left on 31st Avenue. Turn left at the first street (275A Street) and the funeral home is at the end of the block on your left hand side.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Dan - been off the air with some computer fixes in progress. All the best at the memorial for Linda. Raise a beer from me.

Jack
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca