Attention Mr. Sykes: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!!! YOU'RE WARNED!

Radio news from the USA

Attention Mr. Sykes: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!!! YOU'RE WARNED!

Postby Paul P » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Radio ain't what it used to be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gvPZx_nCd0
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Re: Attention Mr. Sykes: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!!! YOU'RE WAR

Postby PMC » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Paul P wrote:Radio ain't what it used to be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gvPZx_nCd0

This is not talent, it is an insult to human intelligence, and discredits the good people in american broadcasting.

I am surprised the FCC allows garbage like this.
PMC

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Does the FCC regulate satellite radio? Cause you have to pay to listen to them.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Does the FCC regulate satellite radio? Cause you have to pay to listen to them.

I heard them, and paid nothing. There are other audio clips that exist, and the content is similar.

If this is their idea of shock broadcasting, the point is made, but it doesn't show that they have any intelligence.

It only shows that they have no talent.
PMC

Postby RoadRunner65 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 am

That is just disgusting. How can people listen to that crap.

RR65
RoadRunner65
Advanced Member

Postby Ross Ewage » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 am

If it wasn't for satellite radio, Opie & Anthony along with Howard Stern and others, they would be totally forgotten. What a shame that would be.
Ross Ewage
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 am

I have joined Mr. Sykes and not taken the time to listen or comment on the audio linked here.

Quality radio once was - in some instances - still exists. Unfortunately quality has been diluted, standards have changed and most of us have just moved on to other media worthy of our attention.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 am

Ross Ewage wrote:If it wasn't for satellite radio, Opie & Anthony along with Howard Stern and others, they would be totally forgotten. What a shame that would be.

Opie & Anthony, Stern and others are so out of touch because of their inflated egos.

Let me show you and them about a 13 year old kid that is in grade 7, lives in New York state, and has proven that solar panels layed out in the shape of tree leaves, generate more power than standard flat panel layouts.

http://www.amnh.org/nationalcenter/youn ... aidan.html

And I quote this
=======
`I compared my results on graphs, and they were interesting! The Fibonacci tree design performed better than the flat-panel model. The tree design made 20% more electricity and collected 2 1/2 more hours of sunlight during the day. But the most interesting results were in December, when the Sun was at its lowest point in the sky. The tree design made 50% more electricity, and the collection time of sunlight was up to 50% longer!'
======

Opie & Anthony should get a real job :tail
PMC

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 am

PMC... you must be a riot to be around! :rockon:

Always nice to see TopDog comment on something that he has no idea what he's commenting about.

I actually listened to the link, and while I find it disgusting, I can't help but wonder what the rednecks and trailer park trash would have to listen to if the likes of O&A and Stern went away.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Totally insulting to all pro broadcasters.
If I want a five year old ranting I will call my cousin.

Ridiculous and shame on these cretins, and that is insulting cretins.

John, don't listen.

That is an order.
Major FAIL
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Howaboutthat wrote: I can't help but wonder what the rednecks and trailer park trash would have to listen to if the likes of O&A and Stern went away.

I haven't listened to Stern for awhile, but did see him on Letterman a couple of months ago...I am reminded of what a great PD said to me years ago... you are only as good as your last air check...

Your reference to `rednecks and trailer park trash' is a good example of the decay that exists because of being given mental trash to absorb.

Anyone that has travelled to Europe or China is aware of the higher intellect level that exists because the population is given infomation to better themselves, and the importance of doing so. I loved being a news broadcaster because it kept me aware and alert of what exists beyond my own space in the world. There are many professionals that work in broadcasting that I do appreciate, because I know they are in the business of communication, and not trash talk like O & E.
PMC

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Always nice to see TopDog comment on something that he has no idea what he's commenting about.

Actually the commentator was Jack Bennest and not TopDog. You used the word comment and commenting in one sentence which really makes me wonder about any criticizm :oops: you make. My statement were not about the link but the state of radio today.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:
Howaboutthat wrote:Always nice to see TopDog comment on something that he has no idea what he's commenting about.

Actually the commentator was Jack Bennest and not TopDog. You used the word comment and commenting in one sentence which really makes me wonder about any criticizm :oops: you make. My statement were not about the link but the state of radio today.

No problem HotDog. As poor as your grammar/spelling is, I will take that as a compliment. :tonguewaving:
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 pm

You really have to wonder about the IQ of people who would listen to O&A day after day. Same goes for Tom Leykis' followers. Dr Laura and her flock were in a world of heir own.

Really makes you wonder how crap like this somehow qualifies as entertainment.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for the warning. I will presume the clip is of the potty-mouth variety, and if so, I didn't miss anything. And thanks for the Mr. Truly appreciated.

Cheers all, enjoy the long weekend!
J.S.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News