How Crazy Is This Country?

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

How Crazy Is This Country?

Postby Karen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Last week the Supreme Court went against Harper's wishes to close the safe injection site in Vancouver. I don't often agree with our screwball PM, but this time I'm on his side of the fence.

Why do we need a safe injection site for criminals to shoot up their illegal drugs that were likely bought with the proceeds of breaking into tax paying citizen's cars? If these people are stupid
enough to be shooting who knows what into their veins, maybe they deserve the consequences.

On Friday I heard a story about some doctor suggesting maybe the government should supply these addicts with free heroin. How freakin' stupid is that? What's next, free booze for drinkers,
free cigarettes for smokers, free gas for cars? This god damned country has gone crazy.

Wait a sec, maybe the free dope has some merit. Make it the most potent hit they've ever had. It'll be their last. What a way to clean up the streets of the Downtown Eastside and save a
fortune in welfare payments.
Karen
Advanced Member

Re: How Crazy Is This Country?

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Wasn't there a part of the story relating to "Insite" where someone who supported the ruling thought that "Insite" should also have a room where "clients" could "safely?" smoke their crack? I don't understand how any of this "Insite" stuff is "safe" and does no harm. it is all harmful and does no good. All I can say is there but for the grace of God go I.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm sure most diabetics would like to have all their testing strips, meters, insulin and needles supplied free. Diabetes is legal isn't it?
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 am

And now smokers who say they want to quit can get free stuff (patches, nicotine gum, etc.) from Premier Snooki's government.
I'll bet half of them will simply sell the stuff and keep on smoking.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm

:carrot:

Runs the Country

:pepper:

Runs BC

:banana:

Runs BOC

Ergo = :tonguewaving:
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Karen wrote:Why do we need a safe injection site for criminals to shoot up their illegal drugs that were likely bought with the proceeds of breaking into tax paying citizen's cars?

Or also the proceeds of breaking into construction sites or BC Hydro substations and stealing the copper and other metals from those places to sell to scrap metal dealers... Not what I'd call the sharpest knives in the drawer.
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:42 am

Ah well, I suppose it's up to me, once again, to inject a note of reality into this knuckle-dragging funfest.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 132330.htm
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear! Every spring, the toilets explode! -Dean Wormer, Animal House.
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Return to The Bitchin' Post