Happy Birthday to RadioFan

Happy Birthday to RadioFan

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi RadioFan,

A very Happy Birthday to you from me and Mrs. CFAY. Also saw Jim last night and VE7ROX also said to wish you a very Happy Birthday as well. Folks, RadioFan has his birthday on Feb. 28th unless I*M mistaken which I hope I am not!!! I am a little late with sending you something by Canada Post this year but it is coming soon. Hopefully you will have it by weeks end. Have been real busy in the last month or more trying to solve a longtime mystery with a dear friend of mine. Also been very busy with a lot of radio stuff and organizing things before I make a trip back to Ontario.

Hope you have a great birthday dinner at your favorite place whether its Vera's or Five Guys Burgers etc. etc.. Fat Burger is not bad either. If you could make it out here tomorrow, feb. 28th, 2012 we could treat you to Montana's in Langley. Took Mrs. CFAY there on her Birthday which is on Feb. 16th. Anyway have a good one. Take care Ted. By the same way don't be eating too much Birthday Cake, you know what those kitty cats Fatso and Stinky in Alberta might think!!!!

All the best and many, many more to you!!!! From Eldon and Ann.. PS I have both my cell phones on from 2 PM onward Pacific Time so if you want to go to Montanas tomorrow just feel free to give me a call!!!!
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Re: Happy Birthday to RadioFan

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 am

Happy Birthday Buddy!! Have a good one!!

:occasion4: :carrot: :occasion7: :partyguy:
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:46 am

I'll echo that! Echo that... Echo that... echo that.
:occasion7:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Rob Collins » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 am

Best Wishes Mr MD along with a fabulous year ahead, Regards
When it comes to horsepower, too much is just enough.
Objects in mirror were not fast enough....
Rob Collins
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am

Thought I had posted wishes - ooops.

:occasion4:

Have a great day and thanks for this board - we all love it.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Firedog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am

Happy Birthday RF! I hope you have a great day. Treat yourself by enjoying a few extra calories, liquid or solid. It's a shame that you weren't born on February 29th. You'd be in your mid teens and trying to get your drivers licence. :groovy: :occasion4:
We are running in, when everybody else is running out.
Firedog
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am

Happy birthday Ted !

:occasion5:
PMC

Postby Muzik » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Even though I don't really know you, Happy Birthday and Many Many Thanks for this board and all you do. Regardes...Muzik.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Have the best birthday, Ted!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Many Happy Returns! :partyguy:

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7QxOllK ... re=related

... and no... It's not the cut from the White album... ;-)
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I first met RadioFan at Armstrong Elementary School in the 1964-65 school year. It was the school's first year of Grade 7 and I was the only Second Street Elementary School "graduate" to choose Armstrong over Cariboo Hill Junior High. It's not that I didn't want to grow up, but I just loved the "King of the Castle" feeling I'd had in Grade 6 at Second Street.

RadioFan was in Grade 6 and we did not meet until the school's Hobby Show, a new experience for me. But I went all out for it, bringing my best DX radio, QSL cards, record surveys, coverage maps, bumper stickers, DX log and the recent issue of a popular magazine that explained the ins and out of DX'ing solely on the standard AM broadcast band. That was where I learned about QSL cards -- KFBK-1530 Sacramento being my first -- including how to write reception reports to stations that they could actually check against their program logs, to verify your reception with a letter or QSL card.

I opened a lot of eyes to where you could take the hobby, and a group of us who were really caught by the radio bug, created the BDXC, Burnaby DX Club, in part because the Better Business Bureau had no record of the International Radio Club of America (IRCA), which many of us would later join, and meet still more like-minded people in Greater Vancouver. We went on to host the IRCA's 1970 Convention in North Vancouver.

The vast majority of DX'ers never get into Radio as a career, or even as a job. However, most on-air Radio folks of our generation have listened to long distance radio, not so much as DX'ers, but as an educational and mind-opening tool. Almost like having large numbers of respected pros as your own personal instructors.

I passed along my greetings personally this morning, but I do want to say a public "Happy Birthday" to RadioFan! :salute:
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Happy Birthday from the Island radiofan! :occasion4:

Being nice is my resolve - in 2012. :rockon:
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I also passed on birthday wishes to Ted this morning. Just thought I'd wait awhile to post something here as I just wanted to say that I hope the luncheon at Montana's this afternoon was a real enlightening experience. :headbang:
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the Birthday greetings. I didn't make it out to Montana's, thanks for the offer Eldon. Hell, I didn't go to Denny's for a free Grand Slam and didn't get to use my Birthday $10 coupon
from Vera's Burger Shack either.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone,
Well Hope you had a nice birthday anyway. Was sorry to hear you did not go out to those special restaurants Ted. Anyway perhaps we can still try Montanas another time. I hope you get what we sent in the mail by tomorrow. I*ve been quite busy out here preparing for a trip back to Ontario in a month or so. Getting stuff organized etc. Have a lot of music charts and other radio station printed memorabilia back east that I am anxious to get to. Not to mention the fact my MOM has her birthday on March 17th and mine is on April 5th so we might celebrate them together closer to my birthday. By the way Ted and everyone else my Mom turns 90 this St. Patricks Day and she is still quite active for her age, her memory is pretty sharp too!!! Anyway Ted the thing is not to think you are getting older but to think younger!!!! I don't mean doing a lot of 13 year old teenybopper things but think of your total self as being say 30 years old instead of what you are. Mind over matter can really accomplish a lot if you do it properly!!!!

Anyway all the best to you Ted for the coming year and everyone else whos birthday is coming up!!!! By the way Montanas has quite a few locations in Greater Vancouver, we like the quality of the meals for the price you pay. Also generally good service and a nice rustic log cabin type setting on the inside. They also have the tv screens for hockey fans and specials too.
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca