Russ Byth Farewell - Radio West July GTG

Russ Byth Farewell - Radio West July GTG

Postby radiofan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Longtime Vancouver Broadcaster and RadioWest.ca member RUSS BYTH is Okanagan bound later this month.

This will be your chance to wish Russ well with his future endeavours and to spend some time with the other RadioWest irregulars!

Join us on SUNDAY JULY 22nd anytime after 11:00AM

We hope to see the usual gang plus a few new faces ...

Location: Marine Pub in Burnaby. Near the corner of Marine Drive and Gilley, just west of Byrne Road. Website.

If you need directions, ask here or email.

The location is Transit friendly. #100 "22nd Street Station" bus runs from the Marpole Loop east along Marine Drive. There is a stop almost at the door. From Skytrain get off at 22nd Street station and catch the #100 "Marpole Loop", there is a bus stop across the street from the pub.

If you plan to join us, please let us know...either by posting here or sending an email to: party@radiowest.ca .. just so we have a rough idea of how much space we will need.

Hope to see you on Sunday the 22nd!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Russ Byth Farewell - Radio West July GTG

Postby CubbyCam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 pm

I'll be there if at all possible... Otherwise... I'll see Russ in the Okanagan!
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Russ's first assignment is to organize all the valley broadcasters from Patrick Nicol in Vernon, Raible and others in
Kelowna and the South Okanagan cowboys. Could make a great radiowest-east group. LOL
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I wish Russ well in his current and future endevours... perhaps someone within the circle of knowledge can say what that is in Kelowna.

We all wait for the news ! :cheers:
PMC

Postby hagopian » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Russ - BEST of luck in the new gig.

I always enjoyed working with you - a bright spot in my day.

Julie sends her best as well.

*One of the great people in our business.

Vancouver's loss.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:39 pm

I'll pass along my best wishes to Russ as well.

News1130 isn't the same since he and a number of the other vets have been 'retired'.

Enjoy the Okanagan!
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:15 pm

I have never met Russ Byth personally......yet after listening to him for years, I recognise a professional when I hear one.
Russ, wishing you all the very best in your new "digs". Good health and much happiness in the future.

Cheers mate,
John S.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just got the Radio West invitation in my email. First many thanks but unfortunately will not be able to attend as I am still in Ontario near Cobourg. This is supposed to be a fulltime holiday but I am more busy here than in Langley. Updating all my radio stuff and electronics mailorder items among other work here. The way it looks now I will probably be here till late Sept. 2012. Mrs. CFAY is holding the fort down in Langley, Dan of course is holding the fort down in East Langley Township othewise known as Aldergrove!!!! He is doing a fine job of that too!!!! Its been hot here this past week making 95 degrees Fahrenheit in the shade of Tuesday Afternoon, July 17th, 2012. Toronto was a few degrees warmer in many parts of the city with humidex reading higher. DX in the Cobourg area of Ontario on FM and Am is nothing short of fantastic, lots of stations and I am surprised that even AM DXing in the summer here is not too bad. In fact it is damn good considering some thunderstorms and summer static once in awhile.

By the way all the best to Russ on his upcoming move to the Interior of B.C.. I have cousins and uncles and aunt that live in the Summerland area and it is truly a very nice area there. Love visiting up there when I get a chance!

By the way any Radio West members talk to Woodcarver (Fred) in the last two years? Can't seem to reach him by phone, email or whatever since summer of 2010 and I must have phoned him at least 30 times since the fall of 2010 to now in Ontario. He was a Radio West Member and I have known him since the very early days of CFAY back in 1967. Grew up with him in the North Surrey area but lately he seems to have vanished. If anyone happens to see him please tell him hello for me and wish him the best. Gee maybe he will turn up at the summer Radio West GTG, won't count on it though!!!! I hope the Red Head does though, would be nice to see him again!!!!

Take care everyone, be safe and have a great summer!!!

73s, Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 am

It appears after four years of sending regrets I will actually attend this GTG. The stars seem to have aligned, got a few days off in a row, gas is cheap enough and the old Toyota feels like it might actually make it. See you all there.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 pm

And I've switched over to working evenings to avoid driving a transit bus in the (anticipated) summer heat...can't wait!!!

I'll be the fat guy...

cya Sunday!

Gary.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am

I'll be their and will enjoy meeting you folks for the first time. I'll be the one with the white "grandpa" hat - NOT a ball cap.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca