Welcome to The Notley Crew

Welcome to The Notley Crew

Postby Rocky » Wed May 06, 2015 8:19 am

Wow. I'm looking forward to the new Alberta.

Beautiful Orange sunrise to the East this morning.

So long PC dinosaurs and deadwood. :towel:
Rocky
Advanced Member

Re: Welcome to The Notley Crew

Postby slowhand » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 am

Indirectly, through her father, I suspect she will have learned how not be another Dave Barrett. 10 to 12% Corporate Taxes versus quadrupling stumpage fees.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Wed May 06, 2015 9:48 am

Today is one of those days that I wish Rutherford was still on the air.

I'm still trying to figure out just what it was that his successor added to Global's coverage last night.

I'm thinking real hard, honestly.
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby motor » Wed May 06, 2015 2:33 pm

I also missed Rutherford's thoughts on the election last night...and I really missed his thoughts this morning. I did not think R. Kinkade ( I hope I spelled the name correctly) added anything to the Global broadcast. Which leads to the another question: How did people like the simulcast of Global"s election broadcast, on CHQR and CHED. Personally, I did not enjoy it. I listened for 5 minutes, then I shut it off. Corus radio, you can do better!
motor

Postby radiofan » Wed May 06, 2015 3:56 pm

I didn't realize CHED and CHQR were simulcasting the Global Edmonton/Calgary simulcast.

I was switching between Global and CTV (Edmonton and Calgary). CTV's coverage in both cities was better than the Global simulcast and they had results posted much quicker.

As for QR and CHED simulcasting the TV audio, just another sign of how bad the penny pinching has gotten at Corus. Why even bother trying to compete anymore?

In the municipal elections last fall, CKNW's coverage consisted of a simulcast of Global's BC One audio. An absolute joke.

Jim Bennie and his crew at News 1130 did a bang up job ... reminiscent of what NW used to do when the place wasn't run by bean counters.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed May 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Gave my head a shake when I first read about this simulcast election coverage, after hearing Monday on CHED two announcers seemingly feeling sorry for each other about the "tough grind ahead" on Election Day.

Or did Global use the CHED announcers as part of their election night coverage?
jon
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Wed May 06, 2015 4:57 pm

I watched the Global Calgary coverage on CPAC. They seemed to be using the same software from other elections to do the green screen effects. I flipped over to CTV network and was impressed with their coverage to a national audience... time zone difference in Toronto. I would take a guess and say that all staff, regardless of company, were put into play at candidate locations, rather than in studio. it is all open to anything. It certainly was not boring !
PMC

Postby radiofan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 pm

jon wrote:Gave my head a shake when I first read about this simulcast election coverage, after hearing Monday on CHED two announcers seemingly feeling sorry for each other about the "tough grind ahead" on Election Day.

Or did Global use the CHED announcers as part of their election night coverage?

The radio folks played a very little role ... Kinkade from QR was on once or twice an hour and likewise with some guy from CHED.

The bulk of the Global coverage was a mix of Edmonton and Calgary anchors along with numerous reporters from both at key Candidate/Party HQ's.

I sure anything where graphics were heavily used made a lot of sense on the radio side.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics