104.9 KISS FM Morning Show let go

Radio News from British Columbia

104.9 KISS FM Morning Show let go

Postby flyonthewall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Word from Ash Street today is that Rogers has released the 104.9 KISS FM Morning Show as the station is heading in a new direction.

Randi Chase, Andrew Sosa and Susie Hill

Will we see 104.9 Christmas FM return to the Vancouver airwaves again this Christmas?
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Re: 104.9 KISS FM Morning Show let go

Postby slowhand » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Too bad they didn't keep the CFUN call letters. Then we could all dream that Rogers might use the new CRTC ruling that lets FM stations play only 30% Canadian stuff if they did not venture more than rarely into the eighties. And stick with the era prior.

Just today I took a peek into the kitchen of a local eatery and there were the two thirty-something cooks tuned like usual to an all sixties music channel with a strong leaning to R&B. Oldies don't just appeal to pensioners.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm wondering if we'll see the former Peak morning team of Kevin and Sonia resurface as the new KISS FM morning show?

They owned mornings here in Kelowna at similar formatted SUN FM.

Maybe the stars are aligned for 104.9 to finally make a mark on the Vancouver airwaves.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:35 am

From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:
Rogers says a new KISS 104.9 (CKKS-FM-2) Vancouver morning show will be announced in the coming weeks following last week’s departure of Randi Chase, Susie Hill, and Andrew Sosa. In the interim, Ara Andonian moves from afternoons to mornings, with DJ Trouble sliding into afternoons. Weekend talent Kelsey Lehman will hold down the 8-11 p.m. slot. The shake-up follows the station’s parting of the ways with Kid Carson back in January of this year. He had hosted mornings since September 2012.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 pm

slowhand wrote:Too bad they didn't keep the CFUN call letters. Then we could all dream that Rogers might use the new CRTC ruling that lets FM stations play only 30% Canadian stuff if they did not venture more than rarely into the eighties. And stick with the era prior.

Just today I took a peek into the kitchen of a local eatery and there were the two thirty-something cooks tuned like usual to an all sixties music channel with a strong leaning to R&B. Oldies don't just appeal to pensioners.

Great point. I'm in my thiries and I love the more oldies-focused, or at least "classic rock" (i.e., 60s, 70s and 80s) focus stations. If 103.9 The Juice in Kelowna had personality whose voice I could actually listen to in mornings and at midday, that'd be my "go to" radio station for Kelowna. ;)

Really, the Canadian content restrictions are less if a radio station airs '80s music (or earlier? Didn't know that.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia