Need Help With Name Of Old Canadian Entertainment Show

Need Help With Name Of Old Canadian Entertainment Show

Postby devans » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm trying to remember the name of this Canadian Entertainment Show that aired either on Chek TV (Victoria) or Global in very late 90's, early 2000's. It was hosted by blonde girl (I want to say her first name is Jennifer but think i'm wrong since i've searched not found her or the name of the show). The show covered mostly entertainment news, movies and I also want to say wine was also discussed too. Either that, or same girl that hosted this show also hosted a separate show about wine.

The setting for the show was a bar. This was filmed somewhere in Alberta IIRC.

I'm positive Cheryl Hickey was co-host/contributor on this show but for some reason isn't included in her credits. I recall seeing her for 1st time on ET and recognized right away, but she looked much different.

Tried asking both Chek and Global, but unfortunately they don't have archive of past programming. Also, I tried checking on broadcasting-history.ca but couldn't find anything there.

Any idea at all on what the name of the show or girl's name who hosted might be? This has been bothering me since last yr.
devans
Advanced Member

Re: Need Help With Name Of Old Canadian Entertainment Show

Postby tuned » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 pm

These guys made a lot of movie/entertainment programming in Alberta including something called "The Movie Show". They probably sold it as "cancon" to a broadcaster in BC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Productions
tuned
Advanced Member

Re: Need Help With Name Of Old Canadian Entertainment Show

Postby devans » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:22 pm

tuned wrote:These guys made a lot of movie/entertainment programming in Alberta including something called "The Movie Show". They probably sold it as "cancon" to a broadcaster in BC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Productions

I believe "The Movie Show" is the show in question. It ended in 2000 with Jennifer Scott last hosting it. She went to another company hosting a show about wine. I can't seem to find anything about her or what the wine show was called.
devans
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics