Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 12

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 12

Postby radiofan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1986 ... Jim Foster from Victoria and once a part of Fosterchild and One Horse Blue ... "X-Ray Eyes" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjFQyfMC2M

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 12

Postby Richard Skelly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 am

I'd forgotten that Jim Foster had some solo success outside of Fosterchild. I always had a special affection for Fosterchild as they were co-managed by Don Boas, a former WEA Vancouver promo rep who, around 1971, opened a door for me to become a freelance music journalist. Lou Blair (who passed away a few years ago) was his Fosterchild partner. Of course. Lou and Bruce Allen directed Loverboy to global heights. I seem to remember that Jim Foster collaborated on writing one or more Loverboy tunes over the years. If so, there must've been some tidy royalties since Loverboy sold millions of albums in their heyday.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 12

Postby Richard Skelly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 am

Oh yeah, X-Ray Eyes co-producer Walter Stewart is quite likely the same fellow who worked with Johnny Rivers before spotting a talented Vancouver club band Stonebolt. He got them signed to Parachute, a fledgling LA label run by the esteemed Russ Regan. After hitting paydirt with Stonebolt, I'm guessing he got interested in other Western Canadians like Jim Foster.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day