AM730 runs old newscast

Radio News from British Columbia

AM730 runs old newscast

Postby kal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 pm

During the night (somewhere around 3 am), all-traffic station AM730 ran a news segment that was at least 24 hours old. I only heard one newscast during the night so I can't say if there were additional instances of this problem.
kal
Advanced Member

Re: AM730 runs old newscast

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Like a tree falling in the woods if no one is around...
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm

kal wrote:During the night (somewhere around 3 am), all-traffic station AM730 ran a news segment that was at least 24 hours old. I only heard one newscast during the night so I can't say if there were additional instances of this problem.

Odd coincidence that Time changed an hour back not long before that. Do you think someone changed the computer's clock one day back instead of one hour back?

I cannot really believe that since DST changes are so automated on anything computer-based these days.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 pm

jon wrote:
kal wrote:During the night (somewhere around 3 am), all-traffic station AM730 ran a news segment that was at least 24 hours old. I only heard one newscast during the night so I can't say if there were additional instances of this problem.

Odd coincidence that Time changed an hour back not long before that. Do you think someone changed the computer's clock one day back instead of one hour back?

I cannot really believe that since DST changes are so automated on anything computer-based these days.

The local Vista outlet is showing the weather for Saturday and this being Sunday evening... perhaps there is a software bug issue in the date change.
PMC

Postby Edmonton » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi everyone - love these forums and I joined because I just had to share this recent experience with AM 730.

Last Friday night - Saturday morning (Dec 29-30) I was driving back to Vancouver from Edmonton. This was the night when it snowed and snowed on the Coquihalla and freezing rain fell in abundance in the Fraser Valley.

Between midnight and 1:00 AM I picked up the AM 730 signal around Hope and stayed tuned in to hear about the situation on the roads headed into Vancouver. Beginning at 1:00 AM, however, I quickly noticed that the station had gone to a prerecorded loop of reports about ongoing road maintenance/construction with absolutely no mention of the ice and snow covered roads anywhere. I kept checking until I reached Vancouver around 4:00 and nothing had changed. To add to this major fail on their part, the weather forecast in this endless repeating loop was Kristy Gordon's Friday MORNING forecast.

All traffic, all the time? No way! I lost all respect for AM 730 last week.
Edmonton

Postby pave » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:30 pm

But, when The Big One hits, we can all be assured they can be trusted to be there - live & local and in numbers.
Broadcasters have few ethics, morals or acknowledged responsibilities left.
Even "good works" are provided for self-aggrandizing purposes.
What they do have are expediencies.
No further questions or justifications will be considered.
Thanks for comin' out.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Got that right!

Calgary had the big one in 2013...a flood.

And...770 plugged in a feed from 630 in Edmonton complete with a playoff hockey game which was already on 960 in Calgary.
Rocky
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Not to mention, of course, that the rumour on the street was that Corus made a business decision to collect on their insurance for lost advertising rather than making the old college try to get an emergency studio set up immediately in Calgary.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia