Old Friends

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed May 03, 2006 8:22 pm

Someone passed on to me that Tony Parsons is miffed as the owners
have brought in his replacement before Tony had indicated he is leaving.

Now my friend can't remember who has been brought in as we both dont
keep clip files that well.

Can any of you remember the guy's name so this thread has a little meaning
before we launch into the opinion part.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri May 05, 2006 9:05 pm

Topper ... would it be one time Calgary newspersonm and most recently host of a NYC Morning TV show Chris Gailus?

As I recall he was set to start at Global May 1st, so this will be his debut weekend.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat May 06, 2006 12:10 am

Chris Gailus is a Canadian television news anchor. Previously working on-air in the United States, he will return to Canada and join CHAN-TV (Global BC) in Vancouver on May 1, 2006 as weekend anchor.

Gailus graduated from the Broadcast Journalism Program at Mount Royal College in Calgary in 1989, where he made the Dean's List and played basketball. He began his career in Lethbridge, Alberta, and stayed there for three years. He joined Calgary's CFCN-TV in 1992, then moved on to CICT-TV in 1997.

After marrying fellow anchor Jane Carrigan, Gailus took a post with WFAA-TV in Dallas, Texas in 2000. He joined New York City's WNYW-TV in April 2003, and began serving as anchor on the station's morning program Good Day New York.

Gailus stands at 6'5", and was the tallest among staff members at WNYW-TV.

"Chris will be a great addition to our news team especially given his experience in the U.S. We are delighted that Chris has decided to come back home to our Global family," says Ian Haysom, news director of Global BC. "Chris is an accomplished broadcaster with a loyal following and we know our viewers will love him."

Chris is no stranger to B.C. since his parents live near Salmon Arm and has other family members in Squamish and Vancouver. Originally from Calgary, Chris graduated from the broadcast journalism program at Mount Royal College where he made the Dean's list for academic achievement.

He joined Global Calgary in the mid 1990s and quickly became one of the most popular anchors in the organization. He then moved to Dallas, Texas to report for ABC News. In April 2003, Chris joined Fox News' Good Day New York as co-anchor and recently won an Emmy Award
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Sun May 07, 2006 12:49 pm

I can't believe that Global would be dumb enough to push out Tony. Actually I do believe it. Tony has another decade in him if he wants it. He's the tent pole that holds up what has become a mediocre newscast. Tony will be on CTV so fast it will make your head spin if Global cuts him loose.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun May 07, 2006 11:47 pm

Tony and the whole gang at Global are all looking pretty tired these days, maybe some changes are due.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics